Tattoo Removal Pastelle Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser
Laser tattoo removal works by focusing laser energy to disperse the pigment and colour in your tattoo. The Pastelle Nd:YAG laser is designed specifically for tattoo removal – meaning that you get the best results.
We can remove a wide range of colours in tattoos. Our laser can use two different wavelengths of light to target and remove the ink particles within the dermal layer of the skin. Our laser fires pulses of light that target the ink trapped within the dermal layer of the skin. This then breaks the ink into minute particles and is removed from the body by cells called phagocytes.
An average tattoo may take 5 to 15 treatments to remove completely. The number of treatments is dependent on a range of factors:
- Age of tattoo
- Ink used
- Professional vs. amateur
- After care treatments
- If the area is hairy, it would be wise to shave that area; this will stop the hair from being burnt.
- The area will be sensitive for a few days so if your tattoo is on the lower back remember to wear loose comfortable fitting pants and do not wear a belt. The area will be dressed with a sterile non-adherent dressing after treatment.
- Make sure the area of the tattoo is clean
- Post treatment, do not go swimming/spa's.
- During aftercare keep a stock of sterile non-stick bandages and anti septic first aid cream at home. Apply daily and do not scratch the area during the healing process, if you scratch you may end up with a scar.
- It is important to keep the treated area out of the sun at all times during the tattoo removal process. Remember to apply the strongest sunscreen to the treated area (30+).